Details about Sunnerås
Details about the house and surroundings
- Rent for a week: 4400 SEK
- Rent for bed linen and towels: 50 SEK per person and week
- Rent for kitchen towels: 50 SEK
In the cottage
- The cottage has 7 beds in 4 bedrooms (1 bedroom downstairs with a double bed and one with a single bed, 1 bedroom with a double bed and 1 with 2 single beds upstairs).
- The kitchen has an electric stove with oven, a wood stove, refrigerator and freezer and a coffee machine. There is space for 7 persons at the kitchen table and the other equipment in the kitchen is sufficient for 7 persons. The wood stove can be used.
- The bathroom downstairs has a toilet and shower.
- The bathroom upstairs has a toilet and the washing machine.
- There is television with the public Swedish broadcasting channels. (SVT 1, 2, 24, TV4, kunskapskanalen and barnkanalen)
- There is a fireplace in the living room as well. The sitting area and the dining table are sufficient for 7 persons.
- All the rooms have electric heating, but it is also enjoyable to light a fire in the wood stove in the kitchen or the fireplace in the living room. The wood can be taken from the woodshed without extra charges.
- The garden has several sets of furniture. The lawn is wonderful and the surrounding buildings (the stable, the little cottage and the milk house give it a peaceful atmosphere. You are the only guests using the property.
- An outside grill is available.
- There are some toys and sports articles that can be used freely.
- It is possible to rent bed linen and towels.
Facilities in the surroundings
- The nearest shop with petrolstation is less than a kilometer from the cottage (’Nilssons’, Tallberga köpcentrum) in the village Tallberga.
- Bigger shops (food and other) can be found to the north in Reftele, Bredaryd and Forsheda, all less than 15 km away, and in Smålandsstener 25 km, Anderstorp 28 km, Gislaved 33 km.
- Bank and ATM can be found in Anderstorp, Bredaryd, Smålandsstenar and Gislaved. It is also possible to extract money with your credit card at Nilssons (but ask them to be sure).
Activities in the neighborhood
- Swimming areas in the neighboorhood:
- Bath at Liljenäs: 7 km,
- Bath place at Pärlan, lake Flaten: 7 km,
- Bath area at Kåratorp 9 km.
- The camping on Bolmsö where you also can rent kayaks/canoes, buy refreshments and fish in the lake 10 km,
- The camping in Jälluntofta (swimming, renting kayaks/canoes, play mini golf, refreshments, fishing): 15 km.
- Annebergsbadet with Annebergs lake between Bredaryd and Reftele: 16 km,
- Yacht port: Näset, 6 km.
- Fishing: a fishing permit is required and can be bought with Nillsons in Tallberga. A permit for a week costs 200 SEK in 2007.
- Train track cycling: start in Ambjörnarp, 60 km. Cycle on a train track from the station in Ambjörnarp. On your way to the village Sjötofta you can take a break on 2 resting areas with grills and swimming facilities. After the cycling tour to Sjötofta you can visit the most expensive restroom. It is required that you make a reservation for the train track cycling. Call Ambjörnarps Café & Pub to do so, opening hours: Monday - Saturdays 11.00-18.00, Sundays 11.00-15.00
- Skiing at Isaberg. Only 50 km away from Sunnerås you find the largest skiing resort in the south of Sweden. There is always snow on the slopes in winter, and if enough natural snow is present, also langlauf tracks are prepared. You can rent equipment and you can subscribe for instruction. Check the website www.isaberg.com
- Draven bird protection area with a track and a watch tower, 10 km
- Store Mosse Nationalpark with nice prepared walking tracks, 37 km
- Electrically lighted running/skiing track is situated with Ås, appr. 2 km.
- Biking on or offroad through the woods on a mountain bike is also possible. Around the village Gnosjö some cykling tracks have been created.
- Food: Restaurant Bambu in Bredaryd offers Asian food.
- Bolmendagen: Every summer a special day is organized on which many small-scale companies around the lake Bolmen open up and have special activities and demonstrations.
- Ljungby sago museum, 50 km - a museum about all fairytales and figures from old stories from the area around Ljungby in Småland.
- Laganland Älgpark 35 km - a park with elks where you can view them from close distance.
- Reftele School museum: 14 km - A museum about the old schools in the neighborhood.
- Töllstorps industry museum www.industrimuseum.gnosjo.se: 50 km. This is a museum showing many old crafts activities making use of the energy from the rivers.